Sunday, August 30, 2026

From Antique Shops to Sunset Drives

The Sweetest Little Day

⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋅°❀






I think I had the most perfect day on accident! Waking up around 3 PM after having the busiest and most chill night ever. Moon and I went to Dunkin' Donuts to try the new fall menu, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint me. I got the pumpkin spice cloud latte drink and my moon got nutty pumpkin spice drink. Mine 100/20 and Moon was 4/10. Not enough sweetness for the head diva in charge! 



⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆

                   

After my midday pick-me-up had quickly entered my bloodstream, which was BADLY needed, we started driving back home. Then I thought, “Pumpkin spice + antique store? BEST COMBO EVER.”

I wanted to do something easy and breezy because the day, the air, and the sun felt so good, and I had to explore more of it. So we drove to this store that was only 12 minutes away. It was meant to be.

Once I entered that store, my old-lady fantasy came true. Shelves filled with gorgeous glass and even pretty glass baby ceramics meant to be sitting on a shelf that no one can touch. Even prettier frames filled with art and kitties. Wooden tables that screamed, “Take me home with you!”

Then I found a drawer FILLED with brooches, and I saw this little ladybug and she was one that definitely had to come home with me. 



After taking in the store of my dreams, Moon and I left and wanted to explore more, me more than him, obviously.  There was a toy store next door, and I had a girly feeling that they had Smiski and other blind-boxed delights in there. 


We entered toy heaven, for kids of all sizes. Obviously. We found overpriced Snoopy and Hello Kitty plushies, kiddie books from my childhood, and annoyed teens at the registers chatting about God knows what. I searched for blind boxes and found even more overpriced things that I couldn't justify having Moon pay for, so we left and set off for another adventure. 

                                     




⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻


After taking a quick break at home to recoup from the coffee entering our systems, Moon and I realized we had to go see my mother at her pop-up cooking spot with her friend. So we set out for DC and found nothing but townhouses, girls on Lime bikes, and absolutely nowhere to park.

Driving around the block and then some, we finally found a spot and started our fifteen-minute walk, which somehow felt like thirty minutes in that warm but breezy weather. We found my mom and ordered from her to show our support! We had a great meal and headed back home.

On the way to the car, we saw a lady in thigh-high femboy socks and an otherwise completely empty park. We played rock, paper, scissors to decide whether we should go in or not.  I won. Obviously. 

Moon and I got on the swings and swung for a little bit before waddling back to the car. Then we got to see the prettiest sunset over the monument while listening to John Mayer. Honestly, the perfect way to end the day. 


⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆⋆⊱༻𖥸༺⊰⋆


Waking up to day that starts off late and that end's even greater are the days to look for! 







No comments:

Post a Comment